12.20.2010

Happy Birthday Sweet Davey

"I dreamed of how you would look, smell, even what you would sound like. And every day I thought of how wonderful it would be to hold you in my arms."

"I started seeing you everywhere, in the leaves of the giant oak and in the bark of the pine, Even in the stars! Oh, how I longed for the day that you would arrive, when God would find us you."

"And then I came?"

"Oh, no. No matter how much I prayed it would happen, I still had to wait."

"You waited and waited and waited?"

"And waited. But I knew that someday you'd arrive, when God
would find us you."





Dear David,

Today you are six.

When you were 2 days old, we brought you home.

I held you in my arms and whispered in your ear that I would never let you be the forgotten middle child.

Little did I know that you'd have a personality so big, the entire world couldn't contain it.

You are hardly one to be forgotten.

I love you to the moon and back,

Mom














David's "cool yet sophisticated" look. He currently has exactly 4 shirts that he will agree to wear.


"That is my favorite story of all. When God found us you, it made me the happiest mother in the world."


"Just by comin home?" Little Fox asked with a yawn.

"Especially by coming home," Mama said.


(Excerpts taken from "God Found Us You" by Lisa Tawn Bergren)

4 comments:

Tyler and Dru said...

Happy Birthday SWEET dave! what an amazing little child that boy is! we miss him everyday. Hope he had a fun birthday! give him a hug from his aunt Dru!! Can't wait to see you guys!

R AND R AND Z said...

Happy Birthday David

pat said...

Dave -- Grandpa and I were just talking this morning about Christmas in Williamsburg, the year we came to get you. What a magical Christmas it was!! We love you. Hope your birthday was fabulous!!

MegT said...

Love those pics...such a funny boy