- Top Sirloin Fajita Strips, ~1 lb
- 4 Chicken Drumsticks
- Sirloin Pork Roast, ~2 lbs
- Lean Ground Beef, ~1 lb
- 2-lbs Whole Carrots
- 5 Fuji Apples
- 5 Oranges
- 1 Romaine Lettuce
- 3 Red Bell Peppers
- 2 Avocados
- 5 Pears
- 5 Tomatoes
- 1 Stone Ground's Artisan Wheat Loaf
- 16 oz. Rice
All for only $23. Deals this good make me a little light-headed.
It is all possible through The Community Food Co-op of Utah. (A big thanks to my friend Marie, queen of the co-ops, for introducing me to this program!)
Interested? Basics of the program:
- You place and pick up your order once/month.
- You are required to do 2 hours of volunteer service for each month that you place an order. But it can include things like: church service, volunteering at your child's school...basically anything!
- The "standard share" costs ~$23. (That's what I got.) Each month the standard share is different but always includes at least 4 meats, 5 veggies, 3 fruits, grains. You also have the option to add things to your order. (Or for you vegetarians you can get the "harvest share" which includes everything but the meat.) You'll have to look at the website for all the details.
Nate patiently waited while I set everything out on the counter to take a picture, and then promptly proceeded to make himself this beauty with all the fixins: