1.22.2009

Nor-Nor

The conversation I overheard while the girls were sitting at the table coloring...

Tess: Nora, do you love Mom?

Nora (half-heartedly): Ya.

Tess: Do you love Dad?

Nora (very exuberantly): YES! I LOVE DAD!...But I don't want to marry him...he's too tall!

Now why didn't I think of that logic?

In other news...Nora is preparing for her debut performance at Carnegie Hall. We will let you know when that will take place. (I love the running commentary on her song, especially the "that's a weird song" part...)

I often wonder if these things that I post about my children will embarrass them in the years to come. Nora- in my defense- you are sitting right here on my lap, loving the video ("Again Mom, again!"), and have agreed that we need to show it to our family and friends.

16 comments:

Stacey said...

Hahaha!!! What a cute video! She is so funny. I love how she says - what a weird song..what a beautiful song!!! She is adorable!

Unknown said...

LOVE it. love her vibrato, love her cute little voice, love the commentary and LOVE the hand gesture along with "that's a beautiful song." so cute!

Mark and Meghan said...

she's so cute. i love her little voice...and the "that's a weird song...no that's a beautiful song!"

SuZaNNe said...

What a cute little singer. I also love the cookies .... they look yummy!!

Andrea said...

it's the creative process at work! You have a prodigy on your hands there!

Kristen said...

Gotta love the performers! They accomplish so much. I LOVE all the sprinkles

Chelise said...

I love this! So much personality. Carnegie here she comes.

Chelsea said...

oh my heck- this is hilarious!! her comments to herself?!?! she's got the cutest little mouse voice!

R AND R AND Z said...

How funny that is so great and it is your job to embarrass your children

Anonymous said...

Erin--I love your blogging, and you little children.

Keep it coming!

And who cares if it embarasses them...

Tyler and Dru said...

kay where did she come from! that is honestly the funniest things i've ever seen. i need to see this live. she's putting on a performance on sunday i call at the horsleys!

Kearl said...

I love that you caught that on tape. So many times I have tried to capture my kids being their true selves, but they see me and then just want to look at themselves in the camera.

Andrea said...

What kind of kid has vabrato at age 3?? Only yours. :)

Amy said...

That vibrato is so completely adorable!!! And I love the sesame-stree-piano-player-like-head-down-on-the-piano-move at the end. So cute!!!

matt and eve lloyd said...

Holy crap!! That is the best thing I've ever seen. I agree with Dru, she must do a performance for all of us tomorrow. Love your children. (and you and Nate)

Anonymous said...

What cute things the kids say! Keep up the recording.