1. I met my husband at BYU when our 2 dance teams went on a 6-week tour to China (I was a Cougarette; he, a ballroom dancer.)
2. For me, it was love at first sight. I remember everything about that moment- where we were, what he was wearing, the way he was standing, etc. I've never been drawn to another person the way I was to him.
3. My favorite thing to eat for breakfast is brownies.
4. I love a 30-min jog in the morning (any more or less and I'm tired all day)
5. I used to hate to jog because I got side-aches, but then I learned to breathe.
6. I always got good grades in school, but I don't consider myself intelligent.
7. I took the ACT 3 times and still scored lower than my husband who showed up to take the test on only a couple hours of sleep.
8. I hate dressing up. I feel self-conscious.
9. My favorite sound: my kids laughing together
10. My least favorite sound: Nate's pager (Although nowadays it beeps a lot less. Oh how I love the "real" job!)
11. I make some free time for myself everyday. Normally I read...or BLOG!
12. My favorite books include: "Little Women" and "The Hiding Place"
13. My favorite character from a book: Hassan in "The Kite Runner"
14. I don't own an iPod and barely know how to use one.
15. I've only sent a text message on my cell phone maybe 3 times.
16. I love driving around and looking at houses. I could do it for hours everyday.
17. I still take a dance class once a week. And yes I still have it (the groove at least...the strength and flexibility are long gone!)
18. I pray for more patience everyday.
19. I have always wanted to be as calm as my mother.
20. I like all foods. I pretty much eat anything.
21. My favorite thing about myself: I'm low-maintenance
22. My least favorite thing about myself: I can't control my mood swings very well...it must be chemical or hormonal
23. My favorite thing about Tess: she's so friendly- she makes everyone feel comfortable
24. My favorite thing about David: he's so sensitive to how everyone is feeling
25. My favorite thing about Will: he doesn't miss a thing
26. My favorite thing about Nora: she's just like me
27. I listen to book tapes while I clean.
28. I have a cleaning lady that comes in every other week and sanitizes my home. It has changed my life!
29. I have had the diamond studs that Nate gave me in my ears for the last 6 years.
30. I believe that family time is more important than having my kids involved in a million lessons/activities.
31. I think it's just fine if kids aren't reading before Kindergarten.
32. My favorite kind of people: those that are always looking for ways to serve others
33. My least favorite kind of people: those that have an excuse for everything
34. Having children has been more fulfilling than I ever thought possible.
35. My least favorite thing about it: feeling like I have completely lost my independence
36. I would love to experience the sensation of cleavage.
37. But I can't imagine that I would ever get surgical enhancements.
38. I haven't updated my photo album since the year 2000.
39. I enjoy nothing more than cuddling with my kids...one at a time.
40. When they all climb on me at once, I feel very claustrophobic and almost panicked.
41. I don't like to cook dinner, but I do it so that my family can eat home-cooked meals more often than not.
42. We get take-outs on Wed & Sat and go to my mom's house for Sun dinner each week.
43. I love to take a long walk with my fam after Sunday dinner.
44. When my parents die, I want their Steinway piano.
45. I hope my parents DON'T die for MANY more years.
46. I am very excited to meet Nate's mom in the next life.
47. But I don't want to die for many more years either.
48. I don't really enjoy animals...I think the zoo is boring.
49. Although, we did have a dog named Sable when we lived in Illinois and she was fun.
50. But I never want to have a dog again...too messy and time-consuming
51. Growing up my only pet was a goldfish named Gloria
52. I love old-fashioned names.
52. I have the names for my next 3 girls picked out...although we are NOT having that many more kids!
53. Eliza, Jane & Meg
54. According to Nathan (who doesn't want any more kids anyway), our next boy will be named Luke. (I'm on board...it's a good name. Although I think I prefer Joshua.)
55. Nate has helped me realize that I like doing "outdoorsy" stuff a lot more than I thought I did growing up.
56. I have a recurring dream that my teeth are falling out.
57. I read somewhere that that means I'm vain.
58. I used to want to sing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
59. Now I want to do volunteer work with orphans around the world- promoting adoption and improving their way of life.
60. I love to watch my kids playing together in the backyard while I make dinner.
61. I regularly dance around the house with my kids.
62. Sometimes we dance in a strobe light.
63. I am an active member of the PTA.
64. I am much better at saying "no" than I used to be.
65. I haven't been on a diet since college. I have zero will power.
66. It took me over a year to lose my pregnancy weight. Again, no will power.
67. Quite often I literally end up with a headache from all the noise in my house.
68. My favorite vacation: NYC- going to one Broadway play after another
69. I love to sing Broadway songs at the top of my lungs while I'm driving.
70. This really irritates my kids. "Stop singing Mom!!"
71. I love PG-rated romantic comedies (Pride and Prejudice, Sleepless in Seattle, Sabrina, etc) because they're about romance and not sex.
72. I love romance movies and books but I am NOT a romantic person. That sappy stuff makes me uncomfortable in real life.
73. My favorite days are those when my kids and I stay home in our PJs. Especially when it's raining.
74. Autumn is my favorite season- I love the colors.
75. My least favorite thing about it- I have to put away my flip flops (although I normally fight this until the first snow)
76. My first job was teaching dance at the studio I danced at growing up.
77. My 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th jobs were also teaching/managing at various dance studios.
78. My only "real" job was as an administrative assistant for a software company.
79. I watch "Grey's Anatomy" like every other woman in America even though I think all the characters are sluts.
80. I have a slight crush on Wentworth Miller (the guy on Prison Break)
81. Wentworth Miller reminds me of my hubby....so it's okay.
82. My husband has a crush on Natalie Portman and tries to tell me that I look like her, but I obviously don't believe him.
83. I don't enjoy the process of fixing up houses (remodeling, painting), but I do love decorating them.
84. I LOVE that my husband is a handy man. He's saved us thousands over the years.
85. One of my pet peeves: when drawers and cupboards are left slightly open
86. I have all my energy in the morning.
87. In high school, I used to wake up at 4:00 or 5:00 a.m. to study.
88. Then without fail, I would fall asleep in my 5th period after lunch.
89. One of my most embarrassing moments is waking up in a pool of drool to my Chemistry class laughing at me.
90. I would love to do high school over again knowing what I know now.
91. I've completed one semester of nursing school. (My last final was on the day Tess was born.)
92. The longer I'm a mom, the more I realize that I DON'T know what I'm doing.
93. At night I get to fretting about my kids and all of the horrible things that could happen to them.
94. This came about when I had 3 kids at once and felt so out of control- like I couldn't protect all of them all of the time
95. My worrying often leads to insomnia.
96. So I take an Ambien about once a week to get a good night's sleep.
97. I miss "Rita's Water Ice" in Philly more than words can say.
98. I also greatly miss "Hot Wok" in Champaign, IL.
99. I think little hand prints on my windows are darling.
100. However, I don't think it's darling when my kids lick the windows or wipe their noses on them.
So if you are still reading....and that would be amazing...it's YOUR TURN!