7.12.2008

WELCOME!

Okay, okay I give in. I’ll do it. I’ll start a blog.

Just as I was settling down to yet another year of faithful blog-bashing, I started getting bombarded with nagging voices inside my head, telling me that there are, actually, several reasons why I too should have a blog. At first I tried to ignore these traitorous thoughts but pretty soon I had to acknowledge that they were making some rather valid points…

First of all- I kept reminding myself of the sad but true reality that I really don’t take enough pictures and if I had a blog, well, maybe it might just motivate me to actually take more. I’m not proud of it, but yes, I am that annoying friend that is always saying, “Oh I forgot my camera. Will you email me a copy?”

Second- a blog may just encourage me to then get those pictures off of my camera and actually arrange them in some sort of orderly fashion.

Third- I actually, if I’m being honest, have a lot more time on my hands than I used to. The kids are pretty independent now and our “triplets” are off to preschool in the fall, so I don’t have the “I can’t do one more thing” excuse anymore.

Fourth- I want a way for the birth families of our adopted children to have constant access to updates on the beautiful people that they have so lovingly placed with us.

And finally…alright, you got me. I secretly love blogs and spend hours browsing through those of friends, friends of friends, family members, family members of friends, etc. Because let’s face it, we just don’t have the time to hang out and catch up that we deserve.

So in the end I took the plunge. Ta da. Here it is- the Meeker family blog. No promises that it will be clever or cute. But if you enjoy it even half as much as I enjoy all of yours, then all is good. Happy blogging!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Yeah!!!! I'm so happy you have a blog now! I can't wait to see all the cute pictures and funny stories of your kids! Welcome.

Tyler and Dru said...

oh happy day!! i know you're going to love doing this as much as the rest of us:)