12.27.2009

Auggie. Our doggie.

Christmas morning was fun.
And maybe a little anti-climatic.
(Perhaps we had built up the dog excitement in our minds just a tad.)
The girls' reactions were pretty priceless.
The boys couldn't have cared less.

Just so we're clear...wrapped presents trump dog.

Following this video excerpt it took the kids about 20 minutes
to figure out how to get Auggie out of his crate.
While I fretted over running out of video tape.
Will didn't even notice that we got a dog until all his presents were unwrapped.

Nora's reaction was perhaps best:
"This is the best day of my entire life!"
"Now I don't ever need to be sad again because we have a DOG!"
"Mom, I love our dog so much. I love him, I love him....what's his name again?"

3 comments:

Lettie B. said...

We saw cute little Tess out walking him. I saw her from a distance and tried to thing what young girl would be walking a dog down our street (I'm used to seeing April or adults). When I pulled in the driveway she waited for us and waited until the boys got out in case they wanted to pet him. She was so happy to have him and so proud of him! :)

Mark and Meghan said...

angela and i were just talking about your dog! i wanted to see it on the video so bad. he sounds darling...love labradoodles. that's waht it is right? i'd like more pictures :)

cute of nora to say those things!

maddie said...

oh my gosh i'm like rollin. tess and nora are freakin funny. it's cute that they're so excited about your bike as well! you've had some pretty crazy christmas mornings between this one and the one where tess opened all of the presents.

i want to see videos of the dog - is he big? i don't know why but i picture him to be like beethoven. tell the kiddies hello and that i miss them!

maddie