12.17.2009

Christmas as it Should Be

Anyone else dread this time of year? Am I the only scrooge out there?



Of course there are many things that I love about the holidays. Of course there are. But all the hustle and bustle sure wears me out.



Well, I was having one of those mornings. There were a million things running through my mind...projects to do, things to buy, parties to attend, blah, blah, blah. I was grouchy. Then I walked into the living and found this:



This is the kids' nativity set. They can move the pieces whenever they want. And it just so happens that on this morning they were arranged with Jesus in the center and all the other people/creatures circling him. Focusing on him. The wise men had fallen down to worship him.
And it gave me pause. Okay, maybe I was focusing on the wrong things. Isn't this what the season is really about? Oh come let us adore HIM.
I must remember.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my gosh - how super sweet is that??? Totally made me cry. You need some kind-of tear-jerker alert for those of us reading at work! I love the wise men... how sweet are your kids??? Unless Nate did it and then he's awesome too. :) I'm so glad you're blogging again for a minute! Love it!

Brian and Amanda said...

Every morning my nativity would be arranged like this too. I finally asked who keeps moving these. It was the kids- same reasons as your kids. Makes me remember how much kids can teach us. Hope you have a Merry Christmas! The kids will love the puppy!