3.24.2010

This is not the place.

The Meekers are moving...



Because Nate found a really incredible job
Only a short 5 hour drive from SLC
Into the "City of Tress"
Skiing, Boating, Canoeing, Fly fishing
Everyone come visit!




Have you ever met anyone from Boise that didn't just love it there?
Well, we haven't.
People love their Boise.
It seems like a pretty great place.
We'll let you know when we get there this summer.


The Boise River runs right through the heart of the city.
The Greenbelt (20 miles of paved pathway for walking/biking) runs alongside the river.


My conversation with Tess about the move (a month before the final decision was made)...

Tess: Mom, I heard you talking on the phone about us moving.

Me: Yes, we might move. How do you feel about that?

Tess: I think it sounds awesome!!!!! I told Grace that she could come play at our new house.

Me: Well, that's the thing. We might be moving pretty far away.

Tess: Like downtown??!!

Me: No, farther. Like out of the state of Utah.

Tess: I've always wanted to live in Texas!

Me: Well, it wouldn't be Texas. It would be a place called Boise, Idaho. It's near Sun Valley.

Tess: OMGosh!! I love Sun Valley!!

Me: Okay, but you realize that moving to Boise won't quite be like vacationing in Sun Valley. We would have to do all of our regular things like school, lessons, chores.

Tess: (rolling her eyes) Duh mom. I know that.

Me: And it means that we won't be able to go to grandma and grandpa's for Sunday dinner each week.
Tess: (The first hint of sadness)... Well, at least we won't get their hot tub dirty anymore.

Me: So it still sounds pretty fun?

Tess: It sounds awesome!!.....Can I have an upstairs bedroom in our next house??



So there you have it. Even the most cautious among us is ready for the adventure!



Well folks, I guess I'm off to Idaho to raise my family.
(Truly, truly never thought I would hear myself say those words.)
But we are (very!) excited nonetheless.

15 comments:

Stacey said...

OH MY GOSH! I can't believe it! I can't believe you're moving to Idaho right when we're moving out! ....I realize even if we still did live here we'd be like 4 hours away from you...but still! We could've been Idaho buddies! I'm super sad we won't be able to see you at all our family things...You belong there-you are our family! I'm sure you'll love Boise and maybe we'll come visit someday!!! :)

Mark and Meghan said...

i'm so happy for you that you're so excited about the move! we'll miss you guys! (especially the guys on their guys nights out!!)

Chelsea said...

Wow... What!!! Excited for you guys to try out a new place and settle in somewhere.. but sad for me that you won't be HERE when we come to visit (is that totally selfish?:) It will feel SO weird with your family not here. I never thought you'd leave, especially not to Boise, but honestly so happy that it's close enough to drive and visit. Just one more city to visit family at, right-that's fun!
OOOH, how fun will house hunting be:) Yay, I bet you're so excited for that. I want in on all the details for that decision...because it totally involves me, since I'll be staying there when I visit and all:)

Kristen said...

Boise...It sounds awesome. Good luck with the move. You are right about everyone that lives there really likes it. Have fun house hunting!

Andrea said...

Boise is practically Salt Lake anyway! From where I sit, it's all pretty much the same. :) I'm sure you'll love it there!

Leslie Mingo said...

You and your kids will be so missed.

R AND R AND Z said...

That is great that nate got a good job. I love Boise fun towne

kiyo said...

You guys will love Boise! I think it will be a great place to raise your family.

Tyler and Jeena said...

We have been waiting for the decision and we are super excited for you. But now your 5 hour commute to SLC means 5 hours + 4 1/2 more to Grand Junction so our mountain biking days and hiking the Monument are probably over, huh? That is a really loooong drive now :) However, we are excited about the new adventure for you and wish you the best. Plus, we still have our girl's trips to look forward to, right? And it's true EVERYONE loves Boise. I have only been there once but my best friend from college grew up there and loves it. We will miss you.

Chelise said...

Wow...unexpected!But it sounds wonderful and I HAVE heard wonderful things about Boise. Is this the job switch you were thinking about making? We're so excited for you all- good luck in the next few months-we'll be thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

maddie said...

oh my gosh. i just realized that i never commented on this. exciting!! it makes me so sad though and i don't even live in zion anymore. what the. how things are changing. i'm thrilled about getting to know boise! i want to go with you on your house hunting trip - dead serious.

so with may 3rd - that's the day i get home from slc from listening to you speak at women's conference (my flight gets in at noon). and then i teach dance all night on monday - i could probably just get a sub although i need to find one for the week before as well which sort of stresses me out... anyway, i'd actually probably quit before i'd let that stop me. let me know! oh and if for some reason you could make the stop on the way home, that would probably be better, but seriously whenev and i'll make it work. see ya soon and go idaho!

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful city. It's on the up and up. May your move go smoothly. Rod/Betti Fifield

Brian and Amanda said...

I grew up there - Love it- check out Eagle and Meridian to live. I hope your move goes well- good luck with everything!! I can't wait to read about it on your blog and facebook!!

yamsey said...

Congrats on the move! I am excited for you guys, although it was comforting for me to know that you were in SLC. At least we had the potential to see you! Good luck with everything!

Melissa J. said...

Wow! That is crazy and exciting! Congrats to you guys and all the best. Keep in touch!