5.02.2010

It's over. And I survived.


me, LynnEl "Mama Springer" and Amy Springer- it's Amy's fault I had to speak.

Thanks to everyone that came to hear me speak at Women's Conference.
It meant so much to have loved ones there.


Actually, I wasn't all that nervous, if you can believe it.
It's amazing what putting your trust in the Lord can do for your confidence.
Of course, watching the hundreds of women file into the room made me a bit jittery.
But Nathan pulled me into a side room and gave me a quick priesthood blessing.
And again I was calm.
I just love that guy.


Luckily I got to speak early on in the conference so that I could enjoy the rest of it.
Absolutely loved Julie B. Beck's image of a mother as a "lioness standing at the gate" fiercely protecting her home.
Also, loved this quote from Dallin H. Oaks-"It's amazing how much you can get done if you don't worry about who gets the credit."
I took lots of notes.
And doodled Nate's name in the margin of my notebook.
Just like when we were dating.
Because thinking of him still makes my heart skip a beat.

Can't wait for next year. I anticipate it will be a lot less nerve-wracking.
Although for anyone that may be speaking ...can I ride in your car?...the parking privileges are the bomb.

14 comments:

Chelsea said...

Yeah- congrats!! I knew you'd do wonderful, and I can't wait to read you talk:) I'm so glad you weren't nervous and just felt calm about it... now onto moving!

Chelsea said...

Yeah- congrats!! I knew you'd do wonderful, and I can't wait to read you talk:) I'm so glad you weren't nervous and just felt calm about it... now onto moving!

Chelsea said...

Yeah- congrats!! I knew you'd do wonderful, and I can't wait to read you talk:) I'm so glad you weren't nervous and just felt calm about it... now onto moving!

Tyler and Dru said...

you were amazing. all i kept thinking after it was done was WOW! i enjoyed every minute of your talk. watch out julie beck......i think i know who the next general relief society president will be ;)

Stacey said...

Erin! Congraulations! I heard your talk was absolutely amazing and I wish I could've been there to hear it. PS you look seriously amazing in that pic. I love your hair color and you look SUPER tan!

I think my fave part about this post was when you said - Of course, watching the hundreds of women file into the room made me a bit jittery.
But Nathan pulled me into a side room and gave me a quick priesthood blessing.

I think you guys should win the cutest couple E.VER award. love, love love it!

Amy said...

Yay!!! You did it!! My mom loved every second of your talk! I was sooo sad I couldn't hear it and I so want a copy! I knew you would be absolutely amazing. I'm so happy!!! And I love that you doodled Nate's name. I wanna find that. Not your doodle. Just someone I want to doodle. :)

Sure love you!

Chelise said...

You're amazing- I love seeing your name on that tag! Plus you LOOK fabulous. Wish I could've been there...next time. Congrats.

LynnEl Springer said...

Oh, Miss Erin! You are sooooo cute! And your talk was amazing! I laughed and I cried and that's what makes a great talk! I look up to you so much! I too loved reading that Nate took you aside and gave you a blessing and that you even doodled his name in the margins of your notes! So in love! And you have a wonderful guy to be in love with! You and your family are absolutely the best! ~Mama Springer! (and I can't believe I made it to be in a picture with such beautiful women on your blog!)!!! :)

Church Fam said...

Now talking in sacrament is going to look like a peice of cake. Can't wait to read it!

Also I bet you will love Bosie. my lil sis lives just outside of it and Ty has a bunch of cousins that live there. One of them has a husband that is a radiologist. She is super nice/cute. So if you need a great contact while your looking for somewhere to live or really anything. let me know.

Good luck, sounds like a fun adventure!

Church Fam said...

Opps, that should be piece and Boise. I really hate it when I type too fast.

Michelle Burk said...

I had no doubt that you'd be amazing. Would have loved to have heard it in person. Did you record it? Can we watch it next time you come stay with us? Way to go!

matt and eve lloyd said...

You did so amazing. I was proud to call you my sis..and I also loved the parking privileges! Maybe worth speaking every year?

Tyler and Jeena said...

So sad I missed it. Is there a youtube version I can watch? I am so proud to have such an amazing and inspirational friend. BTW--love the bangs :)

Andrea said...

So happy you are done and can relax! I heard you were great... I was only able to be there for Thursday night and Friday, but would love to read your talk if you are up for sharing! Lisa and I were talking last week about a "moving to Boise" party... we'll be in touch!