5.11.2010

Today you are 9.


Dear Tess,
Last night I watched you sleeping.
I climbed into bed with you and listened to you breathe.
Then I felt for your heartbeat because it's strong, steady rhythm comforts me.
I thought back to the day you came into our lives 9 years ago.
You were the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.
Button nose. Sweetheart lips. Smooth, soft skin.
You walked into my heart, entirely and completely, the moment I saw you.
I had no idea that could happen.

You were the first.
You made me a mother.
You made us a family.
You'll always have a special place in my heart.
Happy birthday sweet girl.
I love you. Forever.
Mom









10 comments:

maddie said...

such a cute post erin. happy birthday tess! you are the bomb.

matt and eve lloyd said...

Happy birthday Tess!! What would we do without you in our fam? Love you girl.

matt and eve lloyd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyler and Dru said...

love this post! tess walked into all our hearts! love her so much! happy birthday!!

LynnEl Springer said...

Erin, you are the best writer! I just love reading what you write! Thank you for sharing your sweet baby with us for the first year of her life! What joy she has brought to you and Nate! We are so happy that she got to bless your lives! She is a sweetheart and you and Nate are terrific parents! We love you all!

pat said...

Oh Tess, I remember all of this so well, also -- our first grandaughter! And the first niece for all of your aunts -- such an exciting time! The last 9 years have been a delight. Have a wonderful celebration!!

Kearl said...

Tess has changed so much. I hardly recognize her in those pictures.

Stacey said...

Awww we all love Tess so much! I remember when she first came home and she was just so precious! Still is! Happy Birthday, Tess!!!

Meeker home said...

Hey guys thanks for the coments I just read yours.And ThHANKYOU ERIN FOR MAKING ME FEEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!Weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! OH I forgot you guys wure here well bye. FROM :TESS MEEKER

Tyler and Jeena said...

Aaaaaahhhh! Love it!