5.14.2011

Making Me Laugh

Last night before bed, I was reading the Book of Mormon with the kids.

(Nate is out of town on a biking trip.)

We were in the book of Alma where Captain Moroni’s army has the Lamanites surrounded and Moroni stops the fighting to give them a chance to surrender peacefully. We stopped abruptly at this point and I told them it was getting late and they would have to see what happens tomorrow.

(We try to end each reading session with a cliffhanger in hopes that the kids will be excited to get back to it the next day. That’s good parenting right there.)

David: But Mom, we have to keep going. I want to see if the Lamanites all get dead.
Me: Well, I’ll read you the end of the story tomorrow. Won’t that be exciting?
David: But what if a robber gets into our house tonight and kills you?
I was laughing too hard to respond.

Nora: Mom, how do know what it is saying?
Me: Well, I’ve read the Book of Mormon enough to understand the language of the scriptures.
Nora: But Mom, those words don’t make sense…Anyways, are they real words?

Then on to prayers…

Will: Please bless Wyatt and Chelsea’s babies that they won’t have any weakness…only strongness.

Tess: Please bless Dad on his bike trip. Help him to not get any more scrapes, because those pictures with all the blood are gross. And help him to not break any bones. But if he does, please help him to choose a tie-dye cast.



Some totally random pictures that also make me laugh:



Snaggle-tooth Tess


Will refusing to wear his baseball hat any way but normal.



Winter hot-tubbing with cousin Tate



Notice how pleased Tess is with her creation and how unenthused Nora is about it.

:

A normal interaction between Nate and David.

(We are at Crater Lake National Park in Oregon.)

4 comments:

Michelle Burk said...

All of those pictures could have been their own post. They all have something funny to comment about! I had your little 10 yr old Loveland neighbor in my primary class yesterday--he told me ALL about your remodel and how you're moved in now, but that it's not painted...When are we going to hear about the house?

matt and eve lloyd said...

I need some Meeker time. I'm dying at all of these conversations.

Tyler and Dru said...

please post more often! these just make my day. so hilarious that bunch of yours. come home now.

maddie said...

your kids are the bomb. i want to be in your family - love the cliffhanger with the book or mormon - i think i might try that on myself to up my consistency a bit. give them my love!