3.25.2009

Recent Convos

David: (eying my mug suspiciously) Mom, is that hot chocolate?
Me: No, it's tea. Herbal tea.
David: Mmm, I love purple tea. Can I have some purple tea too Momma?

............



Will: Mom, I have to go to the bafroom.
Me: Okay Will, then go to the bathroom.
Will: Mom, you carry me!!
Me: No Will, you can walk.
Will: No, CARRY ME!
Me: Hmm- are you trying to be difficult?
Will: (looking very confused) No...I'm PERFECT.


...........

We were talking about the Holy Ghost during family scripture study...

Will: Huh? The Holy Ghost? I will kill him with my sword.

Me: No, no Will. The Holy Ghost is a good ghost. He's our friend that always stays with us. He helps us to know right from wrong and helps keep us safe.

Later on when they were playing Good guys vs. Bad guys...

Will: (speaking to Nora who was "the bad guy") I will get you bad guy and I have the Holy Ghost. He will help me kill you.

Hmm...thinking we need a few more lessons on that one. The whole "ghost" part of it really has him confused.


...........

Tess: Mom, I want a dog! Why can't we have a dog?
Nora: I want a titty-tat (kitty cat).
Will: I want a lizard.
David: I want a talking parrot.
Me: Well, what about a goldfish? Goldfish are really cool.
(Lots of blank, unconvinced stares.)

12 comments:

Lettie B. said...

"I will kill him with my sword."

I can't stop laughing!

matt and eve lloyd said...

hahahaha. oh my goodness. i love these posts. you have the best children. sounds like you're starting a zoo at your house. love it.

Mark and Meghan said...

i love purple tea too! so cute.

and i can totally see your family with a dog...am i wrong? i take care of it when you guys go on vacations...

LynnEl Springer said...

Oh my word - you have the cutest kids ever! They keep you in stitches all the time! Thank you for sharing their cuteness with us! I love them!

Anonymous said...

Umm kindly tell your kids that animals are not so much fun....please refer to my post on dogs and brothers. Add story where needed! I vote next time you just borrow my dog...it will cure every desire to have any animal!!!

Kristen said...

I really like your idea on the goldfish. I speak from experience about animals. We have a cat, and I AM THE ONE who has to take care of it. Good Luck!

Kearl said...

Seriously, the ghost thing is totally confusing. My niece said that she would run away from the H.G.

Chelsea said...

hehehe, the Holy Ghost thing cracks me up! I never thought about it be confusing, or scary for that matter! You just need to start the whole "no pets ever" rule... like I already have! Or, I guess be a good mom and get them some goldfish:)

Kristi said...

Ha Ha! I love the Holy Ghost part - we haven't talked to Linc about it yet, but I can imagine it being difficult with him too.

Right now I have Tommy, Lincoln, our families & my neighbor trying to talk me into getting a bulldog. I am the only one against it since I already take care of our giant cat.

Tyler and Dru said...

i just laughed out loud reading those! i love your kids. how couldn't you right?! new york post was perfect! billy elliot is one of my top 3 favorites!! i'm SO glad we went. worth every penny!!!

Michelle Burk said...

Love all of them! Great!

Michele said...

Your posts are always so cute Erin. I cannot believe how big your children are getting. Such a beautiful family! :D