4.10.2009

WICKED good!

That's a pretty cheesy title...but it's all I got.

Last week was a busy one for the Meeker family. Well, that's a bit of an understatement. Regular weeks are busy. This one was the Perfect Storm of weeks- massive projects and unexpected assignments colliding into one 5-day period.

After weeks of studying, Nate began Monday in San Fran taking his pediatric oncology board exam. On Friday, the elementary school had their big Arts Night fundraiser at which I was in charge of the silent auction- a project that took months to put together. And just to keep things interesting, I was summoned to serve on the jury of a rather intense 4-day trial.

(At this point I need to give a shout-out of heartfelt thanks to Mom and Dori for keeping my kiddos safe, fed and entertainment for hours on end during that 5 day period. You guys are awesome!)


Once all was said and done, Nate and I were in need of some serious R & R. After a couple days of non-stop cuddling with the kiddos and feeling nothing but gratitude at being back to my normal mommy duties, Nate called to say that he wanted to take me out. Super! I was thinking he had dinner at a nice restaurant in mind. But then he showed up with these:

Wicked is in SLC for about a month. Tickets have been sold out from the moment they went on sale. Nate should know...he stood in the freezing cold for hours the morning they went on sale only to get turned away. But then yesterday at about 3:00 Art Tix released 6 tickets that sold within minutes. Nate was able to grab 2 of them. Proof enough that the good Lord felt we needed a reward for our long week too! :)
CONFIRMED: My man knows the way to my heart.






Okay, so we may have been the last people in North America to see Wicked, but our turn finally came and it was well worth the wait. So-so-so amazing!! Goose bumps for 3 hours amazing! The theater is pure magic.
Next year, we're getting season tickets. (The Lion King is coming!)

12 comments:

matt and eve lloyd said...

I am so glad you were able to go see it! You guys definitely deserve it. Isn't it life changing?? Truly..it changed my life. (not to be so dramatic) I'm so excited Lion King is coming next year!! I've never seen it either....I'm happy you were able to have a fun night!

Leslie Mingo said...

I have never seen it either! I am so jealous. Can't wait to hear about it.

LynnEl Springer said...

I've never seen it either! But I know that April said it was absolutely incredible. She and Noah saw it in NYC a while ago, and Noah said he would pay big money to go see it again, it was so good! I also heard that Lion King was the best ever too! You two are the cutest - now if we can just get Nathan to smile!!! Congrats on getting thru a majorly busy, stressful week!

R AND R AND Z said...

We got to see wicked in NYC I loved it, but we were not lucky enough to get tickets here. Sound like you needed this

Shelly said...

And I thought doing the dishes for a year was good! Nate are you teaching husband classes?

Mark and Meghan said...

i am amazed that nate got tickets...how did he know that artix was releasing tickets?? awesome. you should buy the soundtrack...because although porter has never seen the play he loves the music!

and lion king IS amazing!

Chelise said...

I'm glad you got to see it! I'm DYING to see it! Way to go Nate.

kiyo said...

To all your readers who want to see Wicked, there are lots of available tickets on Art Tix!!!

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

What a man! I've been wanting to see it too, so now I'm the only person left whom hasn't seen it, darn.

Tyler and Dru said...

kay seriously i had no idea you went! i'm SO glad you finally got your chance because it is the most amazing show in the world. ern, you're super and your husband is too! see you tonight. big red and mr. bauers better get it on!!

Kearl said...

I'm so jealous! Derek and I looked into tickets for Wicked way back when, but then realized they were going to be here right when I was due, so we decided "no". What a great surprise.

Tyler and Jeena said...

I love, love, love Wicked. It sounds like you had a crazy week and there is nothing better than escaping from it all with an amazing theatrical productions. Way to go Nate!!!