5.30.2009

Trip to 'Rado (as Will calls it)

We recently took a weekend trip to Grand Junction, CO to visit our fabulous friends. Oh how we love the Vances and Jolleys! Good times.
me, Nate, Angie, Kennan, Tyler, Jeena

Tanner, Kaden, David, Tess, Nora, Will, Carson, Lauren, Carter, Preston





As part of the trip Jeena, Angie and I did a 12-mile muddy buddy run. (The people of Grand Junction as a whole are annoyingly in shape.) We all split up into teams of 2. One partner ran for a mile while the other biked and then we switched at each mile mark. (Or at least that's the idea. Some of the miles weren't very well marked.) Well guess what- I did it. (Yes, me!) And it was even uphill for the first 6 miles. I'm sure no one will ever believe me because I don't have any physical proof of this experience. But I was even smiling at the finish line. I drew a picture of it here:


Nate also got some great mountain biking in and he has the scars to prove it.
Thanks Vances and Jolleys for another FUN weekend!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

hahahahahahahahaha!!!! I'm totally cracking up about your picture. That is so awesome! I'm so proud that you did all that and even drew a picture to document it! It'll give me more motivation to run the 5k this weekend. I want to see pictures of Nate's scars! Did he get really hurt? (not saying that in an excited way...just a wondering way)

Chelise said...

Looks like so much fun! And way to go on the race-you never cease to amaze me.

matt and eve lloyd said...

wow erin, i'm totally proud! love the drawing!! looks like you guys have a blast!

Kearl said...

Congrats on the run/biking. That's impressive.

Jer and Tray Knoebel said...

oh man, quality time in my favorite state with cool people?!? I'm totally jealous...and proud of your running/biking skills :)