5.04.2009

Coercion...denied & Best of April

I promise Nora has a song about how much she loves her mom. I guess no one will ever hear it but me. Sigh.








Other highlights of April:
  • Going to Women's Conference and hearing my good friend, the amazingly amazing Amy, speak on "Come What May and Love It." I was furiously taking notes and then she got up to speak and I was so completely captivated that I forgot to write anything after that. Amy will be a future Gen Relief Society Pres. Mark my words.
  • Helping my other cute friend, Katie, with the service project at Women's Conf. Katie is just a bright ray of sunshine. She's always smiling. What a doll! We made crowns and wands for little girls in hospitals and the foster care system.


(Amy and Katie are part of our "other family"- the Springers. We've known them since our days in Illinois. Love you Springers!!)

  • Seeing this name plaque outside the door of Nate's office for the first time:


Incidentally we had gone to the hospital to get the rhinestone removed from Nora's nose.

  • Seeing these lying around the house, always caked with fresh mud:
Nate bought himself a new mountain bike and it's been hard to wipe the smile off his face ever since. (Although he did have a hard time getting used to the clip in pedals. The kids kept coming into the house saying, "Mom- Dad fell again!" which they found pretty dang funny.)
  • Overhearing this conversation from the back of the car:
    Will (to David who was whining about who-knows-what): David, you need to be a peacemaker.
    David: I don't wanna be a peacemaker. I wanna be a troublemaker.
    Will: But David, it makes Jesus happy when we are peacemakers.
    David: But I DON'T WANNA BE A PEACEMAKER! I WANNA BE A TROUBLEMAKER!!!
    It just goes to show that all those times I thought my little lessons were in vain... the kiddos really were listening. And not just jumping on the couch as it appeared.
    Now does anyone have any ideas about the troublemaker part?? Do you think that the person that coined the phrase "terrible two's" never had a 4 year old?? (Or three of them?)
  • Oh and get this...Nate came home today and said, "Look! I got these 7 pairs of pants for just $45." "Wow, that's incredible" I said. And then I looked at the tag. "Oh no you did NOT." "What?" he replied, "There's nothing wrong with the D.I."

And yet another reason why I love my man. He's this humble, successful genius that can still look H-O-T in second-hand clothing.

11 comments:

LynnEl Springer said...

Oh Erin! You are so cute! We are so happy to have your in our family! The Springers love you! It was great to get to be with you for a short time - and to see your awesome children and your terrific husband, too! Even if he is wearing 2nd hand clothes! We love those! Your family is the best - and it was a blast having you with us for Amy's presentation and Katie's service project! Terrific young ladies! And I can't wait to hear more from Nora!!!

matt and eve lloyd said...

It sounds like you guys have had an excellent month!! I never knew about Nora and the rhinestone..I'm excited to hear about that one. And that Nate, you sure got lucky!! Love you guys. (I don't have sound on my computer at work but I can't wait to watch the video with sound..I'm sure it's terrific)

Amy said...

You are so awesome! Thank you so much for coming to the presentation!!! I was so super glad you were there!!! Love you!!!

Church Fam said...

Erin your blog always makes me laugh. That little Nora is a cutie. I still have an image of you walking into swimming lessons pushing the double stroller with either nora or will in the baby bjorn. What a woman!

Chelsea said...

I always love hearing your funny stories! Nate, I'm very impressed with your shopping- that's very green of you!

Chelise said...

Erin-you amaze me, make me smile, and remember why I miss you guys so much. You sound wonderful!

Shelly said...

LOL! The soccer shoes look very familiar-we have the same issue here. How about the stinky shin guards?

Thanks for the laughs.

Tyler and Dru said...

kay, loving this post. kind of offended i didn't make it into it........but i guess i'll get over it :) Nate is the best. D.I. clothing for the doctor. gotta love him for it! you boys are the absolute best and tyler can't get enough of them. i was the troublemaker of the family at david's age so i think that's why i really relate to him :)

Kim said...

Your stories are always funny! Your family is beautiful!

Katie said...

Thank you so so much for being on our team and helping with the service project at WC. It was so nice to have you there with us.

I just love the stories you put on here about your kids. I just love telling Seth about them. Your kids are awesome! you such a great mom!

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

David and Will's conversation is priceless. I often wish that I had a tape recorder on me at all times. I am so looking forward to coming to Utah this summer, have good day!