9.12.2011

First broken bone...

...and it's not David, if you can believe it.




Cute Will broke his collarbone on Friday.

(I started writing this 2 weeks ago.)


He collided with another child while running at recess and fell on it wrong.

Nate was off work (three cheers for post-call Fridays!) so it was good timing if it had to happen, I suppose.

Although it did interrupt our day-long date to Goldy's (awesome breakfast!) and then Art in the Park (Boise's yearly art festival).

(Have I mentioned that life is pretty sweet with all kids in full day school?)


(I know what you're thinking...perhaps she should use a few more (parentheses) in this post. No problem.)

Notice how his right shoulder slopes at a not-so-natural angle...ouch!



Will has proven to be one tough cookie through the whole ordeal.
(One of the notable perks of being David's little brother.)
He's complained very little.

Here he is smiling for his x-rays.


And voila...

I texted my family from the E.R. and all the women replied "Oh no!!" (with 2 exclamation points) except for Dori who replied "Oh no!!!" (with 3 exclamation points).

It is clear to see who the most concerned sister was.



My brother Wyatt's response had me giggling:

"Running is too dangerous.
He should be hanging out on the roof more.
Nobody ever got hurt doing that."


Ahhh- I love my family.

Luckily the E.R. visit didn't take too long.
We were still able to get to Sun Valley on time for the opening dinner of Nate's work conference.
We spent a relaxing weekend there.
I, of course, have no pictures of Sun Valley.
Because I'm awesome like that.
But here are some pics of our journey home.
We took the scenic route.


Overlooking the Sawtooth Mountain range.

Getting in touch with our tribal roots.
Wait, where's Nora?


Oh that's right. There she is.


Redfish Lake.
This place is gorgeous.
In this picture, Nate is trying to decide where he will dock his boat (that we don't have yet) next time we come up.

He came to the dinner table last night and asked,
"Kids- would you rather go to college or get a boat?"
The decision was unanimous.
We'll start looking at boats this evening.






These pictures are totally undoctored.
Idaho really is just that beautiful.


3 comments:

matt and eve lloyd said...

Love Will! Why did I never get the text about him being in the ER?? Thanks for not mentioning that I'm the totally bratty sister that didn't respond at all. I swear I would have used four exclamation points. Glad he's okay!

LynnEl Springer said...

Erin,
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE your blog posts? No matter what is going on in your life, you portray it with ease and humor! I LOVE it! I'm sorry that Will broke his collar bone. Noah had that happen too when he was about Will's age. I would caution you all about the college/boat decision tho!!! Having a boat...hmmm. I'm not really keen on them anymore, but when I come to visit you - I expect to have some awesome fun!!! Hey, how come you guys stay so skinny all the time? Either you're exercising a ton, or both you and Nate never have time to eat!!! :) Your family picture is fantastic!
~LynnEl

Tyler and Dru said...

honestly your posts always make me laugh. i think it's your talent for writing, regardless of the subject matter. and that stupid dori upstaging me! next time i'm using 10 !. cute will. he's such a trooper. if he continues like most boys, this will just be one of the many breaks. why is it that boys are like that?! love the beautiful idaho pictures. can't wait to move up there one day. yep, i said it.