10.31.2008

Our weekend in Grand Junction

So I am way behind on posting. Perhaps it is because I have discovered the black hole of cyberspace that is Facebook. Man, why do I keep complicating my life when what I really need do is simplify?

Anyway, here are pics from our recent weekend trip to Grand Junction, Colorado. Two of our favorite families, the Jolleys and Vances, live there. They were friends of ours in Philadelphia and how splendid for us that they both happened to move to a town a mere 4 hours away.

Okay so I didn't even get any pictures of Jeena/Tyler or Angie/Kennan. I'm a total dork. But here are all the kids:

Our hike to the Colorado National Monument:

Nate told the kids that they had to climb this huge rock to get there. They put forth quite an effort before we showed them the real trail.

Whoa!

Tanner and Kaden as Indiana Jones

We also went mountain biking while we were there. Nate was in heaven. He was pretty hard core with it in college but hasn't really been since. For those of you who know me well and are having a hard time believing that I did it, here is proof:

I only almost died once. (Actually it was pretty fun! I'm anxious to get better at it.)
Thanks Angie and Jeena for a super fun weekend! Love you guys! I think you have us almost convinced to move there. :p

2 comments:

Mark and Meghan said...

looks like fun erin! i love your family picture because..

1. there's NO will
2. david looks so happy AND
3 you are the only one smiling!

haha, love it!

Andrea said...

Oh man, I'm so jealous! I {heart} the Jolleys and Vances too. You are looking way hard core Erin!!