10.01.2008

TAGGED

My cute sister Eve tagged me. I know- you are all so sick of hearing about me. And I'm not sure I can come up with anything original. My life is an open book- I feel like you all know everything. But here are 6 more random facts.
The rules:
1. Link to person who has tagged you: Eve
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 6 random things about yourself
4. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog

1. I cannot watch reality TV because I get too nervous and embarrassed for the people on it. I just don't like watching people make fools of themselves. And Sarah Palin...oh, I feel so shy for her right now. I mean- okay, she's not ready to be the VP of our country, but I'm still sad inside that she's been so publicly humiliated.

2. I am a total tightwad. Money stresses me out! (A quality I inherited from my papa!) Every month when I pay the bills/balance the checkbook I am amazed at how expensive life is. Why is this so surprising every month? I don't know. I need to get over it already.

3. I hate shopping and feel very awkward in clothing stores. I feel like the sales people are all staring me up and down, and I have really lost touch with what is in style nowadays and what is not. Everything cute that I wear is something that one of my sisters, sister-in-law or mother gave me. Somehow in a family of many chic and stylish girls, I missed the "hip" gene.

4. When I fold my laundry I play this little game where I imagine that I am 10 years younger and looking at future me folding these clothes and I wonder what I could guess about my family from our laundry. Like would I get that I had 2 boys and 2 girls and that 3 of them were the same size and age? Okay, so it sounds stupid now that I am writing it out...BUT it makes laundry time more fun. (Yes Stacey I copied that word-for-word from the comment that I left on your blog a while ago.)

5. Infertility has been one of the greatest blessings of my life. I know that sounds ridiculous, and of course it is, I completely hate it, BUT the lessons that I have learned and the ways in which I have grown from experiencing that particular challenge and our subsequent adoptions have completely altered my life. I am SO grateful to be an adoptive mom. I know that that is something biological moms think we adoptive moms say just to make ourselves feel better, but IT'S NOT! It is such an honor and a privilege to be an adoptive parent and only those that have been through it know what I'm talking about. ;)

6. I love looking at houses. It is a vain obsession of mine. Not that I ever plan on having anything too grandiose. But I still regularly drive through my favorite neighborhoods, and I always know which houses are on the market (even though I don't plan on moving for years). I love OLD houses with charming features like parlor rooms, leaded glass windows and antique doorknobs. My current favorite is this one.
Now I tag: All the ladies in my ward and the Springer girls (you know who you are). I'm not going to follow the rules and post you all a comment...I'm too lazy.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

You are so cute! I started reading that one about the laundry and I was like...this sounds familiar... :) And that house is AWESOME. I don't think I could ever live there because my personality is so different...but it's beautiful and I wish my personality fit it :)

Tyler and Dru said...

i seriously want to marry that house. it's so beautiful. you buy it and then ty and i will move in with you and be your live in nannies. but we're really good so you'll have to pay us bucket loads of money :)

Chelsea said...

haha- that is so funny. When we were babysitting Wyatt saw some papers for houses for sale (really really expensive houses). He was thinking you guys were in the market and was surprised you were going to move already. I assured him you were just like me and probably picked up ads for houses even though you KNOW you're not in the market. I know you too well! It's fun to dream though, right?

Andrea said...

I love how you drool over million dollar houses but insist that you have no fashion sense. You can put colors on walls but not on your body. :) Sounds like me!