12.26.2008

Sorry ladies....he's taken

So I have several things that I need to blog about, but right now I need to take a moment to gloat.

This is my guy.
Mmm- I love him.

On Christmas Eve he gave me soft, warm, fluffy footed pajamas. So cozy. I reluctantly take them off only to go out into public.


Then on Christmas morning he presented me with this gift:

(For some reason it's uploading this picture sideways. No idea.)


What is it? Only the best present in the history of the world! In that box are 101 things he loves about me, typed up on individual pieces of curly paper. And they aren't generic things that guys say just because they know girls like to hear them. They are well thought out reasons. Things I have never heard him say before. Things like this:

  • I love the way you look when you're asleep.
  • I love the tone of your voice - it is just right - perfectly comfortable to me.
  • I love that you've put up with driving a red minivan for 4 years.
  • I love that you can enjoy a good burger.
  • I love how you've come to terms with not being perfect.
  • I love that you don't have to be fashionable.
  • I love how I can never put anything over on you - you always have me figured.
  • I love how level-headed you are and how you're not afraid to tell me when I'm not.
  • I love the way you move; even your walk is graceful.
  • I love that you are moved to tears by other's suffering.
  • I love how I feel when I kiss you. It is still exciting.

Okay I'll stop. But really, am I not the luckiest girl? Especially when you consider that the final paper read this:

  • I love that you will love this gift: I promise to do the dishes every night for an entire year.

Now that's love.

Still swooning.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two are so adorable. When I first started going to the Imperial Ward, Nate was called to the Bishopric only like 3 weeks later (about). Well those first 3 weeks....I loved the way you two interacted and then I found out all those kids were yours....I was shocked, cause I for sure thought you two were newlyweds.

But I guess the moral of the story is....people see how much Nate loves you and how much you love him back.

CUTE!

Stacey said...

That is so nice!!! What a great gift! I love it! And I love that all the papers are curled. It looks so pretty! Good job, Nate! And I looooooooooove the footy pj's. I've already been looking at them for myself! :)

Chelsea said...

WOW- that is really really sweet. You guys are a really neat couple. And a WHOLE YEAR of the dishes... that is crazy and I'm sure sooooo appreciated by you!

Amy said...

Wow. What a gift! You are one lucky girl!!

Michelle Burk said...

Nate wins. I'm speechless. You are one very deserving girl, no doubt. I hope you read those notes over and over.

Andrea said...

I am speechless too. WOW. Is he really going to do the dishes for a year? You have to report back on that one. You know, they say that habits only take a month or so to form. So...after a whole YEAR? Don't tell Nate this, but I think you might be getting the dishes done by him FOREVER!!

Tyler and Dru said...

i didn't think i could hold nate in any higher regard....but i do now after reading this post. what a perfect husband! such a keeper.

SuZaNNe said...

I hope you guys don't mind, but I linked to your blog from Kristen's blog. Hopefully you remember who I am. You guys have the cutest family ever!!! I think that Nate needs to call my hubby next November with some gift tips :) FORGET EDWARD!! GO NATE!!

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

Holy cow!

I am jealous, I hate doing dishes everyday but yet cannot stand to not do them, alas. But I love his box to you. Chad writes me a Christmas letter every year and it is always my most valued gift. Happy day, and btw I'm coming to Utah this summer for a few weeks in August!

April said...

Hey - I like the big template!
To get the pictures where you want them - you have to cut and paste the pictures html code in the html section.
If I want 4 together I do them small on blogger and then cut and paste so they are all next to each other. I tried 5 but it pushed the last one to the next line. If you want spaces between the pictures then do it in the html section - if you do it in the compose section then it adds this weird underline link thing that bugs. For really big pictures I upload them on photobucket.
It seriously takes me an hour to do a blog post.

matt and eve lloyd said...

The cutest present ever! Nate did a very very good job!

Erin Vorkink said...

what a classy guy!

Jessica Parnell Tucker said...

Yeah, I found you! After tommorrow when I tell Rhet about this post, he might be wishing I didn't find you until after this post went to another page. This is the gift us gals always want, but instead get presents like a blender (true story). I asked for a coupon for rubbing my feet, but it had more small print than anything (expires in 30 days, no more than one use per day, limit three per week, no more than 5 minutes for each use, etc).

Unknown said...

Okay Nate you officially suck. I pride myself on some pretty cool gift giving, and this has to be one of the coolest gifts I have heard of. I might even try to do this for my wife before she hears about this, and it becomes unoriginal.

Great blog you guys!

Love the Ohio branch of the Meeker Clan (aka, the oHIo Simons)

R AND R AND Z said...

Well Well I am just catching up with all the blogs but i did have to comment that is so romantic. I wonder if it runs in the family? hahah I hope you are all doing well