12.31.2008

Things I never want to forget...

... about 4 year-old Davey:


  • Whenever he's changing his clothes he has to take a moment to run around the house and sing "Naked Underwear Pants." (Man I wish I had a video.)


  • He has the conversational skills of an adult, regularly engaging perfect strangers in lengthy discussions. (not the safest thing, but very endearing)


  • He sleeps with an entire army of stuffed animals. Probably to ward off the octopus that he's convinced lives in the closet.



  • He regularly gets his head stuck in the back of the chairs at church. He also likes to take off his shoes at church. And his socks. And occasionally his shirt.


  • He loves to destroy. It's how he plays. He must take everything apart.


  • He can recognize letters but he thinks they are all "D." For example, when you point to a 'W' and say, "What's this David?" He'll say, "That's D for William." An N is "D for Nora." And when asked what his full name is he'll say, "It's like D as in David."

  • He has a great tackle...

  • ...and a heart of gold (He always helps you up after knocking you to the ground and asks if you're okay.)


  • He's a total mama's boy. All of my other children prefer their dad because, well, he's the "fun" parent. You can hardly blame them. But David has attached himself to me. Only his mom can sing him a goodnight song. Only mom can walk next to him and hold his hand. (Mmm- soft squishy hands. I'll cry when he grows out of those.) What can I say? He loves his mom...

...And we love our David!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Who doesn't love Davey!! He is the cutest, toughest, funniest kid alive!! I'm sad he's growing up.

Kristi said...

David is a wonderful kid. Whenever I see him I just smile. That is so sweet that he is a mama's boy. Gotta love that kid!

Andrea said...

Awww what a cute little guy! I can't believe he's 4!!

Unknown said...

So Cute! <3