8.20.2008

My cup runneth over...

Yesterday I got to go down to BYU's Education Week. Each summer, Nate takes a day off work so that he can watch the kids while I do this. (He really is too good to me.) He knows that I NEED it. Time to reflect, remember, rejuvenate. Time to be still. I go down with my mom and we meet up about every other class. I tend to like the classes on family & marriage while Mom goes for the doctrinal ones on Isaiah. Someday I hope to be a scripturian like her!

And can I just say that simply being on the BYU campus fills me with all sorts of happiness. I'm suspecting that that sounds super lame and cheesy, and I know that I am a total traitor to the university that employs my husband and puts food on our table, but I can't help it. I {heart} BYU. Cougars forever!

The classes were wonderful (as they always are) and left me feeling able and energized. I have greater resolve to be a better wife/mother/person, and I just want to hug everyone I've ever met. I'm a little sad it's over (for me anyway), but I'm already making notes on the speakers I want to hear next year. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Mark and Meghan said...

so awesome. my mother-in-law alwasy goes too, i should tag along with her! i L-O-V-E BYU too! (is that enough emphasis?!) really it makes me so happy just seeing the picture of the campus! such good days!