2.13.2009

It's a little TOO quiet in the house...

...which always spells T-R-O-U-B-L-E-!

A little recap of what we've been up to lately.

Nora found
the make-up bag



Nora, daw-ling, you've never looked so gorgeous!


David found the scissors. We call this a reverse mohawk.
(Davey calls it his "stripe.")


The onions I burned while giving a stern lecture and sweeping up the golden curls.



Past too-quiet-in-the-house, up-to-no-good, classic Meeker moments...

Panty liner art

Spilled paint on the master bedroom carpet. (Done by none other than Davey. I bet you could have never guessed!)
Yes, I was able to get it out after a mere 4 hours of Bissell sucking action.

This one happens on an hourly basis. Anyone know how to keep the cushions on the couch? I would love the chance to just sit down without having to put the couch back together.

Good times...oddly I suspect I'll miss these moments as the kids get older. Which is happening all too quickly.
Sigh.

15 comments:

Church Fam said...

I'm not sure if 1st place should go to the sweet paint job or maybe the awesome haircut!

Kristen said...

I have seriously considered duct-taping the cushions to the couch. But you have me beat with the panty-liner art. I personally think I would rather use them for art, than for the other use.

Brad and Michelle Peterson said...

Too much quiet can never be a good sign! That rule applies in our house too. Love the pictures!

R AND R AND Z said...

great post funny

Lettie B. said...

I am totally laughing! I love the panty liner art.

Tyler and Jeena said...

Just another day in the life of the Meeker's. Hilarious!! Is this the same Erin from Philly who never had a picture frame askew? I bet you wouldn't trade that for all those cute (yet rambunctious) kids.

SuZaNNe said...

I love it! Thanks for helping me see it isn't just my kids that love chaos. They really are SO CUTE!

LynnEl Springer said...

So glad mine are all grown!!! Such fun memories tho! Andrew and I laughed and laughed when we saw this pictures! Fun stuff!

Michelle Burk said...

You really deserve a raise. Your job is far more difficult now then when you applied for it. Don't you think? Those kids are lucky to have you as a mother . . . one who can laugh at them, and find artwork in pantylners. You're awesome.

matt and eve lloyd said...

Ha ha the panty liner art is my favorite...I don't think I ever heard about that?? And I still remember when Mom and I were driving and got a call from you asking how to get paint out of the carpet. I love the resents...Nora does look very good with make-up and David's stripe is really classy looking. :) Thanks for the entertainment!!

Sarah said...

I am with Eve- the panty liner event is my favorite. I love your stories.

Brian and Amanda said...

It is always fun to look back on this stuff! They are just being creative!

Chelise said...

Lookin' good! A bit more like things at the Pykles' house. They're darling!

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

So so funny! I love the panty liner art and I can't believe that you got the paint out of the carpet! Holy cow.

Elizabeth said...

So I'm a blog stalker. It is good to see your family again. I love that you took a picture of the spilled paint, knowing that you would post it. Several times I've found myslef reacting differently than I would, just because that latest disaster would make a good post! All the best.