9.19.2008

3 Year-Old Soccer Game (aka Comedy Hour)

Three year-olds playing soccer is the best entertainment. Ever. David, Will and Nora have joined a team with Nate as coach. Here is video footage of the first game. Please excuse the bumpy filming (somehow I can't hold the camera still while I am laughing) and my annoying, high-pitched, sideline soccer mom voice. (What IS that?)

Highlights:
Nora (#7) deciding that she is fed up with not "getting the ball." Although in her defense, she does rally and get back in the game.

David (#9)- his game left us with one question...when can boys start football??? He seemed more interested in tackling the other players than in actually kicking the ball.

Will (#6)- man, this boy's a hustler. He showed real potential. (So did David...but mostly as a linebacker.)


Pictures:


There are several friends on the team: Noah, Porter, Truman & Sophia and their dad Tom as Asst coach. Can't wait for a fun and entertaining rest of the season!

10 comments:

Mark and Meghan said...

the kids are loving it! i'm so glad we did this...nate and tom are great coaches.

LynnEl Springer said...

Okay - that was awesome! I loved watching the kids play soccer! And Dad is a great coach - I can tell! And with Mom on the side cheering them on - it doesn't get better than that! Definitely major potential in those little ones!

matt and eve lloyd said...

hysterical!! When are the games? I would make a special trip up to salt lake to watch one of those!!

Tyler and Dru said...

i'm just giggling at my desk just watching that! i think i'll watch it periodically throughout the day just for a good laugh. i have to come to one of these games!! ty would get such a kick out of them too. please tell us when the next one is.q

Amy said...

That is awesome.

I used to do cartwheels and handstands in the outfield while I should've been hoping to catch a fly ball... Oh well.

My favorite part was watching Will run to Nate to high-five him just because he's his dad. So sweet. What better feeling could there be than a child running full speed in your direction!!?!!

Andrea said...

So hilarious! I need to record Bennett doing gymnastics at his gym/preschool. 3 year olds are just pure comedy.

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

Erin,

Hi there, good times on the soccer field.

Yes the balloon wishes is a birthday tradition, Lily wished she could walk and for her pacy back, I wished for a baby...

Sarah said...

oh my gosh erin, i am still laughing at nora just laying there- that is so classic.

yamsey said...

Love it! John is coaching Sam's four and five year old team. It is much the same! It is a great way to kick off the weekend...laughing my head off.

yamsey said...

Love it! John is coaching Sam's four and five year old team. It is much the same! It is a great way to kick off the weekend...laughing my head off.