9.04.2008

School in Session

Woo hoo! That's right...it's PAR-TAY time at the Meeker house because this year the "triplets" are off to preschool, and that means seven and a half hours of free time for Erin each week. (I just referred to myself in the third person...kind of weird but we'll go with it.) Now don't get me wrong. I adore my children and love spending time with them. It's just that I LOVE (in all caps) having time to myself when I can do whatever I want without interruption. Probably because it's much harder to come by. I have already started planning my errands and projects for each morning that they are in school...and I must admit...I feel all sorts of giddiness inside. All of those things that have been on my "to do" list for 3 years now might actually get done!

Here are pictures of David, Will and Nora on their first day:

So excited! (We've only been preparing them for 4 months now.)
All picked out their own backpacks (Well, that's not entirely true. Nora got Tess' old backpack...but as long as it has Cinderella on it, it's all good.)


And pictures of Tess on her first day of 2nd grade:
Her table had friends from last year's class which was such good thinking on her teacher's part.


And pictures of Nora at her first dance class:
So cute with her oversized hand-me-down leotard and lopsided pigtails.
Nora with teacher Miss Amberly (Amberly was one of my dance students back in the day. Wow- that makes me sound so old.)
Feeling sassy with red satin gloves from the prop box.

7 comments:

leslie said...

Take it slow on your free time--LOVE IT, don't fill it with just the mundane mom stuff--especially at first. I love dance class.

matt and eve lloyd said...

Your children are getting so old. They all looked very stylish on their first day of school though!! Way to go. I'm glad Nora finally gets to start dance class...I had a very jumbled conversation (jumbled on her part) about how excited she was to start it. Your kids are super!

Shelly said...

Except for the triplets part, your life sounds a lot like mine... Kids in school, 6 hours free a week.... so excited! Enjoy! I look forward to hearing about your projects!

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh, look at your kids!

I'm sitting here, reading about your doomed pet, after everyone is asleep. I'm going to wake Ruthie up with my laughing, darn you! LOL

Kristi said...

Your kids are so cute! I am excited for preschool also (although sad that Linc isn't with everyone else) While Linc is at preschool Hazel will be napping, so I won't be running errands, but the alone time will be great! Oh, & how fun that Nora is in dance - I can't wait for that with Hazel.

Katie said...

I was just as happily giddy as you are a few years ago when pre school started. But, instead of being the mom, I was the preschool teacher! I love love love that age group! How fun for you!

Unknown said...

so cute! i love how the backpacks are so big that they could easily fit inside of them! okay, well maybe not david, but seriously, I bet nora and will could. hooray for free time! you'll probably be so productive with yours...I just let mine slip through my fingers. good luck with that!