9.30.2008

Middle-of-the-Night Confessions

"Hi, my name is Erin and I am an insomniac."
Darn it. I should have taken that Ambien. I thought I was too tired to need it.



Yesterday I started a "diet."
Oh the dreaded "d" word. I can no longer ignore you.
This is coming as a result of deciding that I am starting to look "soft" in pictures. Now don't get me wrong....I'm not one of those people with an obsession over my weight or a distorted body image. I know I'm still a small person. It's just that I'm getting squishy, and squishy isn't good. And after 12 years of not actually being a dance major anymore but still eating like one, I think it's time for some lifestyle changes. Getting older bites.




Lately I have been feeling a little baby hungry.
Shh- don't tell Nate. I'm sure these feelings will subside soon enough.




And one last thing...and only in the middle of the night would I have the courage to admit this:
I am not crafty. Like not at all.
Phew- I feel so much better now that I've gotten that off of my chest.

10 comments:

LynnEl Springer said...

You are awesome! I love your confessions! We all have them - we just don't publish them! I love you!

Lettie B. said...

No kidding you have insomnia! A 4:30 in the morning post? ;)

Mark and Meghan said...

oh that sucks...probably the worst thing in the world is not being able to sleep, especially when you have kids.

and you are not "soft" at all...you're crazy.

and i'm not crafty at all either...so sad.

Chelsea said...

this is funny! I can't believe you were up at 4:30, though I understand. If I didn't take an Ambien I would be too (and am a lot of nights). Why can't we shut our brains off?! I don't need to be thinking about how I'll decorate my house for Christmas, or what I'll do for Tate's birthday next year! jeez. Hey- need a partner in your diet? What are doing? I've been looking softer (and larger) in pictures for a few years now! (sigh).

matt and eve lloyd said...

Erin! I admire your honesty. Maybe I can do the diet with you?? Anyways, I tagged you!! Make sure to list 6 random facts about yourself. (if you don't want to do it I won't be offended)

Tyler and Dru said...

WTH!?! A diet.......this is a weird day. i never thought i hear you say that. i'm really sorry your a non-creative insomniac. man what a horrible combination. i feel for ya girl.

Shelly said...

I almost joined you last night, but I got back to sleep (someone came to bed later than I did and woke me up).

Good luck with the diet.

You are crafty, at least somewhat. Remember those adorable headbands you made for Tess and Nicole? I can't find any of them anymore, but I LOVED them.

Andrea said...

I hope you slept better after getting that off your chest. Although, I bet you spent the next couple of hours dreaming up crazy escape plans from your house in case of a possible (totally unlikely) emergency. :)

yamsey said...

I only made it to 1am. You have me beat. I too and a diet-needing, non-crafty insomniac. No wonder we get along so well! Although I think my husband and kids helped turn me into an insomniac, the rest is all me...

Kearl said...

Ha ha. Love crazy middle of the night thoughts. I've been having a lot of those lately. Pregnancy just throws my sleep. I usually wander around, eat some marshmallows, read a magazine. Maybe I should make it my computer time too.