9.02.2008

Civic Duty

Today is day 1 of my jury duty. Now I know what some of you might be thinking, "But wait, didn't Erin just barely have jury duty?" And the answer would be YES. 11 months ago. But apparently if you never actually appear in court (which I didn't the first time around) your name goes right back into the system and you have just as good a shot as anyone else of being summoned. Again.
Who knew?
So far this week they have requested juror numbers 1-95 to appear on Tues and Wed. I am juror #98. Things aren't looking too good for me. But I'm trying to think positively. Maybe it will be a rather interesting experience. And they do tell you that you may have to wait, so to bring a book or laptop. Reading time = relaxing time. I could definitely be okay with that. And when Nate looked at his work schedule he did say that this is actually a good week for him to have to watch the kids because, amazingly, there aren't any meetings he has to be to. So.....I guess now is as good a time as any. Bring it on. I'm ready to fulfill my civic duty.
Also, just thought I would share that on Friday I wore my shirt backwards for the first half of the day. And ran a bunch of errands. Definitely. Noticeably. Backwards. There's a pocket on the front of that shirt. Or at least what's supposed to be the front of the shirt.
Darn it.

You know- I used to be cool. At least I thought I was cool. Apparently those days are long gone.

4 comments:

Leslie Mingo said...

yea, I love the shirt thing. Now I know I'm not the only spacey mom. Good luck with Jury Duty.

R AND R AND Z said...

I am glad it is not just me i also get called foe jury duty alot last year i went to court did not get picked but aleast it get you out of it for a year I love the shirt on backwards that is funny R also gets picked alot for jury duty

LynnEl Springer said...

You are so special Erin! I have NEVER, ever been called for Jury Duty! I guess I'm not patriotic enough? Who knows??!! As for the backwards shirt - you'll always be cool! Don't let the shirt thing sneak in to tell you otherwise!!!

matt and eve lloyd said...

I hate jury duty. I hope it ends up being a good break from you hectic life. Maybe you'll get a super cool case. I laughed out loud about your shirt experience!! I'm sure you still looked super. Maybe people thought you were starting a new trend!