9.28.2008

Cousin Time

This week we had our niece, Kathryn, and our nephew, Jace, staying with us while their parents (Nate's sis Kristy and her husband Kelly) were away on business. Six kids under one roof and 5 of them between the ages of 2 and 4. Wow- that's a lot of action! It felt a bit like I was running a day care. Luckily I had my "Jon and Kate Plus Eight" techniques ready to go. And even more lucky, all the kids are total sweethearts and do what they are told most of the time. All, that is, except one. One is going through that oh-so-fun "testing his independence" phase...

William...little buddy...you know I love you more than life itself...but if you continue to whine and try to pick a fight with me over every little thing...buddy...I may completely lose my mind...okay buddy...I know that it is just a phase...buddy...and that you are still my sweet, gentle-hearted little guy...somewhere deep down inside...so let's just be friends again...okay buddy??

Here are some pics of our fun (and yes, very exhausting!) week together:

Kat

Jace

(The older girl is our cute neighbor Ellie.)

4 comments:

Mark and Meghan said...

i'm exhausted just reading about it! :)

leslie said...

Wow there are a lot of kids in that bath--but how fun for your kids.

matt and eve lloyd said...

looks crazy!! that's talent when you can give five kids a bath at one time. erin thanks for being superwoman!! we need someone in the world like you to take care of the rest of us.

Chelsea said...

I agree with Meghan- sounds exhausting! What were your Jon & Kate techniques?... corner timeout, organic food only?!!