9.03.2008

From Gods Arms to My Arms to Yours

I came across this clip on an adoption blog today, and man, this song gets me every time.

In our home, the words "birth mom" are sacred. We have so much love , honor and respect for these women. K & H- you are forever a part of our family. No words can express our gratitude.

I think our case worker put it best when he said, "We can't comprehend what these women are asked to do. The Lord expects them to make an Abrahamic sacrifice. But in their case, the knife is not stayed."

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow. That was awesome. I have heard that song so many times - but listening to it thinking of your family and thinking about that sweet birth mom... Well I've gotta go blow my nose now. Amazing. You're amazing!

LynnEl Springer said...

I agree with MY daughter, Amy!! I am so grateful to those birth moms who love their babies enough to give them up to people like you and Nate because you are so wonderful! These little ones don't know how lucky they are! And I too had to get out the tissues and blot my tears and blow my nose - already before 9:00 a.m.! Marie did a good job - much better than Michael McLean!

Shelly said...

I LOVE that song. Makes me cry almost every time I hear it. I love the story that goes along with it too.